Thursday, June 28, 2018 by Fitzsimmons, Ken | How to
Please be sure to make sure your availability is up to date in My Music Staff. You can do that by going to:
- Settings (gear icon on the upper right)/My Preferences/Availability
- Edit availability as needed
Make-Up Lesson Overview
Thursday, June 21, 2018 by Fitzsimmons, Ken | How to
I thought it might be a good idea to send you a brief reminder about how make-up lessons work. I know you get it in general, but sometimes situations come up that don't feel like they fit the instructions. So here are some higher level concepts to apply that will hopefully be helpful.
- You have a set schedule that does not change
- Your regular recurring lesson times should always appear on your calendar at the normal time whether the student attends or not.
- Do not move or delete a recurring lesson.*
- Question to ask yourself: Is this lesson deviating from the student's normal lesson time? If yes, then it's a make-up.
- Every lesson you teach should be on your calendar.
- The order of steps matters: Make-ups always start with an absence**
- The first step for a make-up is to mark attendance on the missed lesson "Absent, Give Make-Up Credit ($)" or "Teacher Absent, Give Make-Up Credit ($)"
- Then schedule the make-up and check the box for "Make-Up Credit Required."
- Do these two steps in order whether the make-up occurs after or before the missed lesson.
*Unless they are ending lessons or permanently changing their regular time.
**If you give advance make-ups (also called preemptive make-ups), please see the reference guide for how to schedule those.
Changes to your daily check out at the office
Thursday, May 10, 2018 by Fitzsimmons, Ken | How to
Hey guys, the software switch is finally here. This is a significant change for all of us, and so we're asking for your help in making this transition go as smoothly as possible. Please see below for changes in the way you will report lessons at the end of the day starting this Monday, May 14.
Continue to report your lesson count in person at the front office.
Rent is charged when:
The software is sophisticated, but we still want daily face to face time with you to make sure everything is working correctly and to check in on anything that might come up.
Please have attendance marked before you come to the office.
We're trying to be as efficient as possible, but there may be issues that come up that we didn't anticipate. Because of this, it may take a little longer than usual to check out. We appreciate your patience!
Rent is NOT charged when:
- You mark attendance and see ($) in the description. That means the student is being charged and rent is due.
- A student is absent, and you are issuing a make-up credit ("Absent, Give Make-Up Credit ($)").
- You mark attendance and do NOT see ($) in the description. That means the student is not being charged and rent is not due.
- You give a make-up lesson. (The exception being any carryover make-ups you may be giving where you did not pay rent the day the student missed)
As mentioned above, there's a chance of some issues coming up. Don't worry if mistakes are made. We can always go back and make corrections as needed.