Uploading Video for Virtual Student Jam
Monday, April 20, 2020 by Ken Fitzsimmons | Student Jam
***The following message is for all participants in the upcoming Virtual Student Jam.***
I'm contacting you because you have indicated that you are (or might be) participating in the Virtual Student Jam. We're excited! We've gotten a great response and have over 40 students signed up! Plus some of you will get to see your instructor participate.
Here are a couple notes about the recording:
- A video from your phone or tablet is great. Just remember you'll need a 2nd device to play the original recording.
- Wear headphones! We do not want to hear the original recording.
- If you need a version with a count in (i.e. you play on the first beat), you can stream one here. Password is The2010s
- Once you have a video ready to upload, please submit it here.
- Deadline: April 26. We'd love to get all the recordings by the date of the originally scheduled Student Jam. If you need more time, just let us know.
Questions? It's usually best to contact your instructor first. However, we're happy to help. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Student Jam Song List Announced!
Monday, February 17, 2020 by Ken Fitzsimmons | Student Jam
The Decade in Review: The 2010s
April 26, 11am-4pm
High Noon Saloon
Students and Instructors voted, and here are the results! Talk to your instructor if you are interested in participating. The Student Jam is offered for free exclusively to current lesson students.
Sugar, We're Goin Down - Fall Out Boy
Rolling in the Deep - Adele
Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen
Atlas, Rise - Metallica
Get Lucky - Daft Punk
Counting Stars - One Republic
Uptown Funk - Bruno Mars
We Are Young - fun.
Shake It Off - Taylor Swift
Hold On - Alabama Shakes
Listen to the list on:
Madison Music Foundry Student Jam - Voting Is Open!
Monday, February 3, 2020 by Ken Fitzsimmons | Student Jam
Hello MMF Students,Thank you to all who nominated songs for the next Student Jam on the theme of The Decade in Review: Music of the 2010s. We now move on to the voting stage!
*FOLLOW THIS LINK TO VOTE*
The top songs from both students and instructors will be announced on February 17, and then performed at the next Student Jam in April. Thank you for helping us put together another great set of music!
Now - February 12: Vote on songs
February 17: Final song list announced
April 26: Student Showcase at the High Noon Saloon